Journal of Islamic Financial Studies
Aims and Scope
The Journal of Islamic Financial Studies (JIFS) is a double-blind peer-reviewed international academic journal which publishes biannually high-quality original manuscripts dealing with Islamic economic and financial systems. The core objective of the journal is to a high-quality platform and a communication channel for researchers, academics, business leaders and other practitioners who demonstrate their interest in today's development of Islamic finance and banking.
The Journal welcomes quantitative and qualitative papers for review in the following categories (including but not limited to):
- Theory of Islamic Economics and Finance
- Financial Innovations and Islamic Finance
- Public Finance
- Islamic Financial Products
- Islamic Law related to Finance
- Islamic Banking techniques and their conformity with the Islamic Law (Shariah)
- Islamic Corporate Governance
- Global and regional integration of financial markets
- Newest investment strategies
- Behavioral Economics and Finance
- Financial Engineering and Risk management in Islamic Finance
- Insurance and Takaful
- Islamic Banking and Securitization
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Social Responsibility and Business Ethics
- Impact of the Basel Capital Accord on Islamic Banking
JIFS seeks to maintain in each of its issues a reasonable balance between theoretical and empirical studies.
Open Access Policy
The Editorial Office fully supports the global movement for free and open access to academic research results publication. We are convinced that free of charge online accessibility of research results promotes the development of university education and sciences worldwide. Thus, the Board takes an obligation to post in a timely manner every new issue of the journal for free download and further reading and to maintain the permanent archive of all published issues on the site of the journal.
We are welcoming everybody who joins the community of our readers. However, we also expect that all works published online would not be subject to plagiarism and would be referenced properly in all further sources.
Business Model / Publishing Fees
The journal is fully funded by the following organization(s):
UNIVERSITY OF BAHRAIN
Therefore, the Editorial Board has currently the capacities not to ask for publishing fees from the authors' side. In case if financial situation changes in the future – the Board will post this information online and notify via the email all concerned parties about such changes.